News + Updates
NSNZ Members' Newsletters
NSNZ 2021 AWARDS - NOW *CLOSED* AT DISTRICT LEVEL
At the DR Forum back in October we talked about our upcoming NSNZ Awards. There will be three categories:
Champion of the Year
Project of the Year
Partner of the Year
The Awards will be in two parts:
• District Awards (run in the each of our 12 Districts by DRs)
• National Awards (the winners from each District will become the nominees for the National Awards, which will be announced at a special Awards Night Dinner during our Conference on 28 June).
We have put together an information kit to help District Representatives run the Awards in each District, see below. It includes:
• General information, including timelines and Awards certificate templates.
• Some information you can send to the Coordinators of the Member Organisations in your District. This will enable them to call for nominations from their street groups and households, and they will also need to check that the nominations are for people who are actually involved with Neighbourhood Support.
• A nomination form.
• An image you can use for any social media posts or other promotional material.
It’s also up to you as to whether or not you want to host your own District Awards presentation event or just announce the Awards through social media or newsletters.
District-level nominations close Wednesday 31st March 2021, 5:00pm
NSNZ Conference 2021: Registrations Now Open!
We are very pleased to open registrations for our national conference, GROW, which will be held in Wellington on 28 – 29 June at the James Cook Grand Chancellor Hotel.
We have opened the registrations early to give you plenty of time to budget and book flights while prices are still reasonable. We are still confirming programme details and will update you as soon as we can. We can confirm that our popular MC from 2019, Snr. Constable Bryan Ward, will be back to keep us in line this year and the Minister of Police, Hon Poto Williams, will be opening the conference.
This year we will also be including a conference dinner where the winners of the NSNZ National Awards will be announced. The cost of the dinner is included in your conference registration, and extra tickets for guests can be purchased.
We are pleased to be able to offer each of our Member Organisations one FREE registration. Extra places can be purchased for $250 + GST.
We have also been able to secure a discounted room rate through the hotel so attendees can conveniently stay on site. More information about booking your accommodation at the conference venue can be found in the registration form.
Please email completed registrations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 11th June 2021, 5:00pm
Membership Support Fund - Round 2 (2021) Funding Now Open
We have $135,000 available to distribute in this Round. The fund is to support full and associate members of NSNZ with operational and project costs.
Please email completed applications to: email@example.com
Applications close on Monday 22nd March 2021, 5:00pm
Contestable Funding - Round 1 (2021) Funding Recipients Announced
We had $135,000 available to distribute in this Round. The fund is to support full and associate members of NSNZ with operational and project costs.