Learning + Development
In this section we will post resources and information that we hope will help you in your work.
We'd love to know what you find helpful, and if you come across something that you'd like to share let us know!
Community Led Development
Community-led development is about encouraging a community to be pro-active and taking a lead in its own development.
Inspiring Communities has identified five guiding principles that help this to happen:
1. Shared local visions or goals which drive action and change
2. Using existing community strengths and assets
3. People and groups working together
4. Building diverse and collaborative local leadership
5. Adaptable planning and action informed by outcomes
Inspiring Communities has also published a useful framework that helps us think about the values, qualities, skills and knowledge we need to support community led development.
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) is a crime prevention philosophy based on designing the physical environment of a place (e.g. a business, a park) to insure it minimises opportunities for criminal activity.
The Ministry of Justice has published National Guidelines for CPTED in NZ.
We have further information regarding CPTED on the NSNZ website